Health Benefits of a Foot Massager
Foot massagers are great for your feet and your overall health. If you are looking for a device to soothe and relieve your feet, you should consider a foot massager. Also, you can use it to reduce stress and increase blood flow.
Some of the health benefit features are:
1. Relieve pain and stress
Massagers help to promote circulation and to release the tension in your body. They also widen your range of motion. This gives you a better range of motion and greater flexibility in your body. In addition, many people find that massagers help to control muscle contractions in your body. They also help to strengthen your muscles and connective tissues.
2. Improve blood flow
A foot massager helps in improving muscle tone and blood flow. It helps to be effective in reducing or eliminating aching and pain on your feet. Massagers are the best way to help reduce the symptoms of chronic conditions such as arthritis and diabetes. Using massager results in less stiffness in your muscles.
3. Relieve neuropathy pain
One of the most common reasons for using these devices is to relieve neuropathy pain. Neuropathy involves nerve damage, which can cause a number of uncomfortable symptoms such as tingling, numbness, and pain in your feet. These symptoms can be relieved with a foot massage.
4. Improve your blood glucose control
Foot massage improves insulin sensitivity in your body, which helps to improve blood glucose control. Massagers are also good for people with diabetes as they help to break down fat and stimulate circulation. This helps to improve blood flow.
5. Improve muscle strength and mobility
Massagers help to loosen your muscles so that you can increase the flexibility of your body. Using a massager helps to develop muscles in your whole body, including your feet.
Give Yourself a Foot Massage
You can have a hands-on experience with the foot massager if there is no expert or professional to help. Here is how you can give yourself a foot massage:
1. Sit down on your chair and place your feet flat on the floor.
2. Remove your shoes if necessary.
3. Use the massager on your feet for at least 5 minutes; this will relax and improve blood circulation, which, in turn, reduces pain. Remember to keep your buttocks down and lean back slightly to avoid placing too much pressure on your lower back.
4. Take a short break after doing this exercise but do not move from your position.
5. Repeat step 3 with the massager on the soles of your feet.
6. Do not forget to rub your calves and ankles as well.
7. Take a cool shower after you are done with your foot massage.
Massagers With Different Features
Many massagers on the market come with lots of exciting features such as:
1. Vibration massage action
2. Heat therapy
3. Multiple massage heads
4. LCD screen
5. Portable design
6. Ease to use
7. Intuitive touch-screen controls
8. Different patterns of vibration
9. Different speed settings
10. Different massage methods
11. Relieving pain and stress
12. Improve circulation
13. Improve muscle strength and mobility
14. Relieve neuropathy pain
15. Increase oxygen flow to your cells
Are Foot Massagers Good for Neuropathy?
Foot massagers can help reduce symptoms of neuropathy. Neuropathy is a common condition that causes damage to the nerves in the body. It affects people differently; some experience a burning sensation, numbness and tingling, while others feel shooting pain or cramps in their feet. The best way to relieve your neuropathy pain is to get a foot massage.
Are They Suitable For Diabetic Patients?
Foot massagers are undoubtedly safe for diabetic patients. They help improve circulation, but they also help relax muscles in the feet, which can help relieve pain. In addition, it also helps to increase blood flow and can improve insulin sensitivity.
Top Foot Massager Brands Which Are Health-Conscious
1. HoMedics FMS-270H Deep-Kneading Shiatsu Foot Massager
2. Oster FPSTMS5-RK Automatic Foot Spa and Massager
3. Beurer MP3-101B Massager
4. Squall SP-300-G2 Foot Massager
5. OMNI Fitness MFS-250 Massager
6. VIEKA QVF-EZ Foot Massager
7. Hyloform FMS150NDS Electric Shiatsu Foot Massager and Heelstretcher
8. Steerlin CMC-5100 Foot Massager
9. DRX300TDSL Vibrating Foot Massager
10. Steerlin FC-880 Foot Massager
Massage is beneficial for people with aching muscles and joints. It is also suitable for those who are suffering from arthritis. Regular use of foot massagers can effectively reduce pain and improve circulation, which is good for reducing pain caused due to injuries and gout. Foot massagers can also relieve headaches, arthritis, chronic back pain and more.