What Does A Vibrating Foot Massager Do?
The foot massager is a device, which can be used to comfort and relax the feet. These devices are mostly activated with motors and generate vibrations, which help a person to relieve pressure from feet and relax them. These types of devices come in many forms and serve various purposes such as massage, relieving joint pain, for arthritis sufferers etc. Although these products are often recommended by doctors, it is always better to get medically approved massage treatments.
Vibrating Foot Massager
A vibrating foot massager is an appliance that uses vibration technology to target specific areas on the body with different types of pulses, primarily tense muscles for relieving tension and promoting relaxation and soothing sore joints for improving mobility. Its vibration setting stimulates the muscles better than a typical kneading technique.
Features of a Vibrating Foot Massager
1. Versatile: This appliance has a variety of uses. It can be used to ease tension and soreness in the feet, and can also be used to treat other parts of the body such as calves.
2. Handheld: This massager is lightweight and can be easily used with one hand. This device is desirable for people who suffer from joint pain. In addition, it can be used to target sore spots or trigger points throughout the body.
3. Programmable: Some handheld massagers come with a programmable button. The user can choose massage settings from slow to fast and from mild to deep, depending on the effects they desire.
4. Therapeutic: Foot massage has been shown to reduce stress and pain in muscles, soothe nerve endings, increase circulation, relax tense muscles, and relieve symptoms of arthritis.
5. Cost-effective: Foot massagers are a highly cost-effective and low-risk treatment. The cost of a massage is much cheaper than that of a massage therapist or medical doctor which makes it affordable.
Buying Guide for a Vibrating Foot Massager
Two types of foot massagers are available, namely handheld and footrest. Handheld massagers are highly portable and can be carried on your travels. Footrest massagers are usually immobile, but some products do come with the option to be plugged into an electrical outlet.
Make sure that the material used is resistant enough to withstand high pressure without breaking down or wearing out easily. Look for parts that are made of sturdy, durable materials such as aluminum or plastic that can withstand constant use.
Make sure that the massager has a well-designed mechanism that can be operated with one hand and does not take up too much space. Look for a massager that is durable, portable, and easy to control.
Benefits of Vibrating Foot Massager
Improves Blood Flow
A sequence of strokes on the soles of your feet helps to improve blood flow, a major factor in reducing body stress, improving your circulation and enhancing overall health. These devices also offer a non-invasive way to treat common foot conditions such as headaches and plantar fasciitis.
Because many muscle groups in the feet are connected to other parts of the body, massaging the feet can relieve muscle fatigue in other areas. For example, massaging your palm relaxes muscles in your back.
Massage Sore Muscles
Although many foot vibrators are designed to be handheld, some are designed as floor foot massagers. You can use these devices to massage sore feet and even your calf by smooth motion or vibration.
Prevent Muscle Cramps
Cramps in feet can occur because of underlying issues like peroneal nerve injury, overwork or improper shoes where you experience numbness and fatigue. Vibrating foot massagers stimulate the peroneal nerve to prevent muscle cramps and soreness.
Types of Vibrating Foot Massagers
1. Shiatsu Foot Massager
This massager is usually operated with both hands and can be used for several parts of the body. It also has a foot attachment that is placed on the ground to enable easy control. Moreover, this device comes with digital speed control where you can choose from low to high settings, depending on the effect you want to achieve.
2. Desk Foot Massager
This type of foot massager is similar to the Shiatsu massager but is smaller and also portable. Attached to the feet are pads made from rolled towels or small pillows which offer a comfortable massage. It also comes with digital speed control with low to high settings for managing the intensity.
3. Foot Rollers
These devices are similar to foot massagers but they also come with attachments. It can be used for tracking and relaxing sore muscles. Also, this device has two pod-like rollers that can be used to massage different parts of the body like feet and calves.
How To Use A Vibrating Foot Massager
1. Keep your feet clean by washing them before using the foot massager.
2. Apply lotion or massage oil to your feet after you wash them.
3. Use the device in small sections and move from one area to another as you apply pressure.
4. Apply gentle pressure on sore areas. If necessary, use it only twice a day for 10 minutes.
5. Be aware of the temperature of your feet while you are massaging them.
6. Use the vibrating foot massager in thin socks or barefoot; using slippers or other shoes will decrease the effectiveness.
7. Be careful to avoid vibration on your wrists, nose and parts of your head, such as lips and hair.
8. Avoid using a foot massager if you are pregnant.
9. Regularly apply lotion to your feet while you are using the massager.
10. Be careful with the massager to avoid injuries. Do not use the massager on parts of your body other than your feet.
While some drawbacks to using a vibrating foot massager, experts agree that it is one of the best products you can use to relieve tension in your feet and improve circulation. Because they come in different models, including portable foot rollers, you can select a suitable device for your needs.